Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stir Krazee these days!

I got the chance last night to introduce two comics at Molly Malone's in Forest Park as part of an event that didn't quite go as planned on Madison Street. The whole idea of Stir Krazee came out of my comedy class with Cameron Esposito from Lincoln Lodge. I took the class last fall and unfortunately I didn't graduate becasue life's stressors at work and home got too great and adding one more stressor of writing a comedy sketch for graduation and then performing it made me one anxious person. Not that I back away from any task because it is too great. I have come to the realization that I CAN say no, not right now, thank you, and come back to it at a later date when life allows it. And I want to enjoy comedy when I do it and not feel stressed about it. I have done every other type of performance - theatre, live music, poetry, and now I wanted to try my hand at stand up comedy. Not getting off track, I invited my teacher to perform last night. I told her I would probably have to introduce her and she told me it would be good to get experience on a microphone! Ha! I spend most of my days "on stage", "performing". I did get the chance to loosen up a bit more during the introduction and "yuck it up" a bit. It made me feel a bit better about doing stand up comedy. I continue to write sketches and I know that when the time is right, I will take that new path onto a different stage. And love it... And then....who knows what will come next. Aging is a pretty cool thing these days. Yes, I am stir krazee in that I want to do so many things yet in my many years on this earthly plain. Call me "krazee". Go ahead. I'll just write a comedy sketch about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment