Sunday, October 10, 2010

Seasons are a-Changin'!

It never ceases to amaze me, the zigs and zags of your life, how it's course changes in the blink of an eye, the change in direction so small, yet so determined and angled perfectly that sometimes you can't see it till a new person enters, or an old acquaintance reappears, and brings into the forefront an idea that had been cooking in your head for a while. I've said it before and I will say it again, an idea is hatched and is planted into the universe and then, if it is cared for and tended to, grows into a live project. It may have a face not quite like the original one, but has become a life of its own. I came back from the Women's Leadership and Power conference a few weeks back at the Omega Institute, and since then I have not been able to write anything. I was so filled with stories of hope and encouragement. I was so filled up that I tweaked my plans a bit more and added to them (of course), and came home with such a need to start working on these ideas. But I couldn't. Nothing would come. The next week I attended a luncheon for the Chicago Women's' Foundation, an organization that funds womens projects. I came away from that with more ideas, and was re-acquainted with former workmates. Again, I could not write. And so I wait. Phone calls have been made. Meetings have been set with new and old colleagues. The seeds are being tended to. And even though it is Fall, I feel a sense of newness is coming. Seasons are a-changin'. And I await with such enthusiasm, the transition that is coming, trowel, watering can and compost in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment