Monday, November 8, 2010

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs!

Seems that if I am not careful, I will run right smack into a sign these days. They appear to be coming faster and more frequently. I'm sure that there are some I have totally missed. Probably why these last three weeks have been full of illness, stress and just weirdness. Full length feature dreams in full color, fully scripted, starring some of my favorite (and not so favorite) people, past AND present!
Good gosh oh my, times are 'a changing.....quick......hurry, hurry and PLEASE watch out for those signs!
I usually hold onto emails that have something to read, a video to watch, something in which I must take the time to engage in, digest, and then I can erase them. Or copy significant text to ponder or use later. Most of the time, I end up saving the emails and never going back to them.
This morning I decided to go through a few. I had to look up some people and organizations online and while there, let's get some older items out of the way. This video was 23 minutes long. Wow, I have to sit here and watch this for almost half an hour...
But I watched and wondered when the video would ask me to buy something. It didn't. At least this one didn't. And I took notes as I always do. And then the author/guru said a phrase that resonated with me - translucent people. I had heard this before. Hey, I want to be one of those. So I looked it up. And low and behold there is a whole book on it. And another article. And it so happens this author wrote it (of course). So I read some more, looked up the book on Amazon and guess what. I own this book!!! I had to laugh at how the universe works.
It came out in 2005, the Translucent Revolution by Arjuna Ardagh. Obviously it resonated with me 5 years ago. But I never read it. Here is one of those signs that hit me smack in the head! I pulled it from the shelf and cracked it open to the forward and NOW I will finally read it. How do you like that for signs!
In a nutshell, here is what intrigued me. It is about people who have experienced powerful shifts of consciousness. Their awakening has changed who they know themselves to be and the nature of the world around them.
These awakenings initiate a gradual metamorphosis, which is both evolutionary and endless. A spontaneous generosity of spirit, an impulse to serve, and a willingness to transform living into art gradually replace the normal relationship to life marked by fear and acquisition. I call this endless process of evolution and transformation "translucence." Webster's dictionary defines translucent as "letting light pass through, but not transparent."
Translucent people also appear to glow from the inside. They have access to their deepest nature as peaceful, limitless, free, unchanging, and at the same time they remain fully involved in the events of their personal lives. Thoughts, fears, and desires still come and go; life is still characterized by temporary trials, misfortunes, and stress. But the personal story is no longer opaque: it is now capable of reflecting something deeper, more luminous and abiding.
So, thank you, to me, I guess, for heeding the signs. Times definitely are changing and people will either awaken to their true selves, or go down another path that might just lead them astray. So, off to my book!

1 comment:

  1. Namaste, my sister. It has been my pleasure to follow your thoughts. I look forward to getting caught up on your blogs. I liked your definition of translucent beings, especially since our pure essence is light.

    Many perceive our reality to be physical. After all, our senses quite readily confirm this illusion. Advanced spiritual truth or advanced quantum physics sees beyond the illusion of the physical to emphatically define matter as light energy. When we refer to the biblical concept of " seeing the light " we suggest one has discovered true reality beyond illusion.

    I do not advocate a religious pursuit as the concept of a God " creating " the universe is dis empowering to say the least. Spiritual masters will define God's choice to exist in reference to her as " becoming " the universe.

    The primary difference is that the priest sees God as separate from self and the master sees God as self. Truth defines that all manifest reality is God, you, me the desk, chair, even the words you read and write are God. From this vantage point we can determine all reality as God, dancing with God, eternally in the NOW moment. In the
    " Translucent Revolution " Arjuna is trying to define this transition from understanding self from the ego perspective of physicality, to the GodSelf perspective of light energy. the vedic traditions of the east consider this journey from knowing self to not knowing self and back as " The Breath of Brahma "

    We learn from this work, birth and death are illusion, the body is not the true self, the eternal expression of consciousness is the true self. We are all consciousness, one true light, one love, one God, nothing else exists.

    In Lak' esh, my sister, love is all there is...

    ReplyDelete