Sunday, December 26, 2010

A new year is a-coming!

As I sit here in my store the day after Christmas and find myself utterly alone, I am not saddened by the lack of customers on this blustery winter day. I find myself thinking about what is to come and looking forward to a new year. This past year was a difficult one. It was also a year of tremendous change. It was a great learning year as well.

We all suffered loss in the economic crisis. And those that didn't adjust to this new way of life didn't make it. There are businesses around me that didn't heed the warnings and are either closed or soon to be closing.

This past year was also a difficult one personally. I lost people that were very dear to me. I was present when my father in law left this earth after a long struggle with cancer. It had a profound impact on me and I am blessed that I was able to be there. Other people left because our lessons were learned from each other. Those losses are most difficult because we don't want them to go but it just isn't right anymore and there is too much strife to have them in your life. They will always be with me in my heart. I learned so much.

I also met some wonderful new people whom I will take with me on a new path that is in the works as I write this. I know it's cliche, but it is true, when one door closes, another opens. And those that are behind the closed door have left an indelible mark.

But I now look to a new year, new friends, new opportunities, a freshness that comes with this new snowfall that I am now looking at. Cleaning out the old from last year to make way for a fresh new year. I think it's time to go ride a horse again! It's been way too long and my heart and soul need it. So if I don't write again, Happy New Year! I can't wait to see what it has in store for me!!

3 comments:

  1. happy new year eden! to a wonderful 2011!
    -michelle/belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the same goes right back to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am aware, always, of a renewal that begins to bloom when I read your stuff, Eden. It's a gift you have, dear one, and I'm heartily glad you share yourself as you do.

    I'm also working on some changes that include less stress, more fun and working on things that are worth my time ... promise not to fall over or hurt yourself the day I show up at the store! LOL

    My heartfelt best wishes follow you always and into the new year; it's sure to be a bright shiny deal by all accounts!

    Much love!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete