Monday, May 7, 2012

Serendipity or Coincidence?


I dreamt last night I had the ability to think about people and they would then appear. The question was, did they appear because I thought about them or did they know I was thinking about them and then they showed up? I know. Existential. In the dream, the driver was replaced by another person who appeared in my car.  They didn’t have to pay attention to driving because they weren’t really there.  Or were they?

Then I started thinking in the dream that I had this ability to conjure up whomever I wanted.  You know, when you are dreaming, but you are also looking into the dream as an observer?  I found myself thinking about an old friend in the dream and wondered if he would show up.  And he did.  Amazing what I can do in my dream.

Can I do the same thing awake?  Wait a minute.  Now we are talking conscious versus unconscious thought.  After my long lost friend showed up in his truck, I noticed a sign on its door with a business I had not know about.  If I can conjure up people, then why can’t I also have a knowing about a new business they have or even better, WILL have.
So of course, I emailed him to ask.  Haven’t heard back yet.  Ever hear of the phrase, “Watch out what you wish for; you might just get it?”  These synchronicities are much of the time dismissed as coincidences.  Something specific to a certain person (smells, pictures, their favorite song, their area code popping up daily on house address, license plates; you happened to look at the clock at that exact number more often than not) suddenly starts showing itself, making you think about that person a great deal.  And then they show up or call.  Were you both thinking about each other at the same time and that energetic connection was sent out over the “world consciousness wire” forcing you to connect?  The mother that senses when her child has been hurt thousands of miles away.

I believe everyone has had this type of “coincidence” happen to him or her at some point or another. Ask and you shall receive.  Knock and it shall be opened for you.  Close one door and another will open for you. C.J. Jung dubbed synchronicity as a fortuitous intermeshing of events.  Another word for it is serendipity.

The signs of my old friend keep showing themselves.  He is in my dreams of late.  It will be interesting if my dreams of his new business are real.  I have known things about him in the past that I could not have known about.  He says it creeps him out!

Will I see the people that I made appear in my dream?  I would love to except I can’t remember who they were!  But if someone from the past pops in to visit or call out of the blue……  Hmmm, I really don’t believe in coincidence much these days.  It is so much more fun to think about the possibility of making things happen.  Plant a seed of thought and let it go and it will find a way to manifest itself to you.  Turn aside your dream and it will come back to you again.  Follow it.  Open your own doors.  That person in your dream you just can’t get out of your head?  Next time the phone or doorbell rings, it just might be them.

No comments:

Post a Comment