Sunday, October 4, 2009

Friends and Goddesses

I looked at a picture today that was taken two days ago at our Finding Your Inner Goddess Party. She is beautiful and I cherish our friendship. We have only known each other one and half years but she feels like a sister to me. Last night at our derby practice, she was injured and long story short, her hubby came and took her to the hospital to check on her head to make sure it was on straight and everything connected correctly.
As I sat with her in my skates, helmet and all my gear, a wave of fear washed over me as I realized that life is short and you can never know what it will toss your way. I thought, what if..... The ladies there all came together as a unit. One lady rushed to her house to watch the kids so her husband could come quickly. Others brought ice, others called the paramedics, others helped remove her skates and gear and find something soft to lay her head on.
These ladies were the same who came to my side last year after a robbery and battery at the store. Without my asking. They just came and gave their love and support. It was then that I realized the true meaning of friendship. You don't always have to give in order to receive. We are all deserving of love and support in our times of need, no questions asked. And another time it will be our turn to provide that love and support.
So I applaud, give thanks, hold dearly, all of the friends in my life. You are all goddesses to me. And Ripa, I will restock your food supplies from last night's careful watch over your children till their precious mama came home safe and sound.
eden

No comments:

Post a Comment