Sunday, October 4, 2009

One Door Opens, Another Closes

I am always a pain when it comes to letting something or someone go. Worse yet when I am the one that is being let go, which makes perfect sense as NO ONE wants that to happen. It crushes our fragile egos and makes us question our worth. But each time I have been told or have read once again about doors opening and closing, it never seems to sink into my hard head until I am looking right at it. Because when you DO let go, it allows space for new things to come on in. I have lost two friendships in the last few months due to life's struggles. But I have also seen two friendships grow again and begin to flourish. We fill our minds with so much "stuff" that there is no room for anything new. I am constantly telling myself to let it go. I have no control. I realize that I don't. The more I try to control something in my life, the more it goes in the direction I was trying to force it NOT to. It is truly painful to close doors on issues, people, things that have worn our their welcome, don't fit in my life anymore. But it is part of growing and transformation. I fight it yet I know it to be true time and time again. There is no growth without pain. Why would there be? Remember our growing pains of youth? Well, you never stop growing so there is no sense in trying to stop it. Embrace the pain of loss as growth and it will transform into something new and more wonderful than before. Embrace the pheonix that resides in you. eden Baubo's Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment